Trumpeter Vickers Wellington Mk X – Progress report – Step 12

Step 12

Déjà vu…

Step 12a

 

Step 12b

Nothing major to report except part K4 was broken and I had to find the broken piece.

DSC07855

The two wings have now been completed.

DSC07854

I did some touch-ups on the interior even if it won’t show. At least I will know I did.

DSC07857

Next time, going back to steps 7 and 8 with the gun turrets and trying to fix step 8.

Step 7

Step 8 instruction

 

 

 

Trumpeter Vickers Wellington Mk X – Progress report – Step 11

Moving along with step 11 and keeping my expectations to a minimum after fumbling step 8, and strictly following the instructions to the letter whenever possible.

Step 8 instruction

Step 11

 

Step 11a

 

 

Step 11b

I took some photos to show you where I am at right now after glueing the starboard wing…

DSC07814

The pitot tube, which I will eventually break and lose, was added. The fuel jettison pipe was glued after.

DSC07825

The only problem I had encountered was the location of the exhaust pipe.

Step 11b (2)

I should have looked for photos on the Internet first.

exhaust pipe

https://www.ipmsstockholm.se/home/vickers-wellington-mk-x-in-detail/

But in the end I was lucky…just a few millimeters off.

DSC07826

I have added the landing gear doors and the air filter to complete the starboard wing. 

Step 11b (3)

Step 11b (4)

Final result

 

DSC07843

 

DSC07844

Next time step 12 and I should not be expecting any unforseeable problems.

Step 12a

 

Step 12b 

 

 

 

 

Intermission – Building a Scale Model Aircraft – Part 1: Choosing a kit. — Mediocre Models

Welcome to the first part of my ‘Building a Scale Model Aircraft’ series, where I’m going to try and help you, the novice builder, through your first steps into the hobby of scale modelling – so wish us both luck! It sounds stupid to say, but one of the first things you’ll need if you […]

via Building a Scale Model Aircraft – Part 1: Choosing a kit. — Mediocre Models

Trumpeter Vickers Wellington Mk X – Step 8!

Step 8 should have been simple but I forgot to see what I had missed in the instructions.

Step 8

 

The four Browning .303 machine guns had to be inserted in four little holes which were not wide enough.

Step 8 instruction

I had taken about 30 minutes to try to fit them. Having done so I proceeded with installing parts B7 and B8 which did not seem to fit. It was obvious that I had inserted the machine guns 180 degrees due to combat fatigue!

I had to become a brain surgeon to fix this. I then glued B7 and B8 which were hard to insert. It was only then that I noticed how these parts were protruding.

Step 8 instruction

I should have remembered to look at this photo.

imageproxy (42)

That should teach me a lesson.