Progress report – Airfix Me 109 E-7 – Oberleutnant Joachim Müncheberg – Airbrushing

Even it I was progressing well with the Me 109 E-7 last February, I did not like what I had done with how I had painted it with a paintbrush. That is why I wanted to use my Badger airbrush again come springtime.

20200229_135529

The brush stroke were all too apparent especially on the nose…

20200229_135553

as well as on the white fuselage band.

20200229_135611

But winter had left me no choice…

image-20200227_130143

Being confined since March 11, and since spring was a little late, I had decided two week ago to give it a try…indoors!

I had sprayed a gray base coat but the effect of fumes got my brains thinking otherwise…

DSC07931

Last Thursday I had used on my airbrush. First with Trumpeter’s Wellington Mk X…

DSC08078

DSC08079

DSC08080

DSC08081

DSC08082

DSC08083

I then started binging on my airbrush and used it on my yellow Monogram’s AT-6 (Harvard)…

DSC08062

and on the nose…

DSC08056

.DSC08057

DSC08060

and tail of my Airfix’s Me 109 E-7…

DSC08058

 

DSC08059

 

DSC08061

I know I will have to repaint the whole Me 109 E-7, but I will definitely use my airbrush now since spring is finally in the air.

DSC08004

 

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s