Intermission – Testing the airbrush

It has been a long winter, and spring weather did not allow me to use my airbrush outdoors. Yesterday I decided to give it a try indoors using a large fan for ventilation and wearing a N95 mask (I had one since last year).

I then proceeded to test my airbrush on two unfinished model kits:

First my yellow Monogram AT-6 (Harvard) and…

wp-1579540672512

my Airfix Me 109 E.

20200229_135529

 

20200229_135611

The Harvard had a black base coat and I did not like the result after I had added four coats of yellow.

wp-1579540672449

The same with the yellow nose of the Me 109.

20200229_135553

Using Windex window cleaner I had previously took the yellow off of both planes.

DSC07921

I already had on hand a perfect mixture of light gray acrylic paint having the consistency of skim milk.

DSC07923

I then started to paint both in alternance.

DSC07930 (2)

 

DSC07931

This is the final result.

DSC07932

I then used my airbrush for the Wellington Mk X stopping after a while because I was feeling a little dizzy.

DSC07927

 

DSC07926

 

DSC07928

Which taught me another lesson. Next time… I will be spraying outdoors!

 

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s